502 Bad Gateway Error Solutions
The 502 Bad Gateway error is one that is not all that common, but can come up in a variety of ways. Sometimes it will come up reading differently as 502 – Service Temporarily Overloaded or even as HTTP Error 502 – Bad Gateway. However it happens to come up is a nuisance when it does.
502 Bad Gateway Symptoms
When a 502 Bad Gateway error happens the user is alerted with a pop-up style error message. There usually isn’t any precursor to the problem as the error can occur with some websites and not others. Once it happens though, the end result is not being able to access a website or a certain page on a website.
502 Bad Gateway Causes
When the 502 Bad Gateway error shows up it means that one server has received an invalid response from another. This is known as an HTTP status code error and usually means it is not a problem with the PC itself, but rather a server that is trying to be accessed. However, in some instance s it can be files in the PC’s registry that are corrupted which will prompt the error to frequently occur.
502 Bad Gateway Solutions
Since a 502 Bad Gateway error is usually directly related to a server problem there are three things to try when resolving the situation.
- Retry the action. Use the refresh button on your tool bar to attempt to reload the page.
- Come back again later. Sometimes a 502 Bad Gateway error is only a temporary problem of the website you may be trying to access.
Contact the webmaster of the website you are attempting to access by using the e-mail email@example.com and alert them of the 502 Bad Gateway error. This won’t always be a valid e-mail address, but it is more times than not.
- What's "Bad Gateway 502" mean? - Yahoo Answers
- 502 Bad gateway error - Microsoft Community
- 502 Bad Gateway Error Solutions « wiki-errors.com
- List of HTTP status codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- What does 502 BAD GATEWAY mean? - Yahoo Answers
- PHP-FPM and Nginx: 502 Bad Gateway - Stack Overflow
- php - nginx 502 bad gateway - Stack Overflow
- 502 Bad Gateway – Blog.com | Documentation
- 502 Bad Gateway - Microsoft Community
- CentOS 6.3 + nginx = 502 Bad gateway - Google Groups