Battling a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Error
Whenever a computer user sees a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error it is never a good thing. In fact, this type of error, which stands for “page frame number,” is often associated with a Blue Screen or Stop Error.
This type of error will occur when your computer is getting ready to shutdown suddenly. It is usually accompanied with the dreaded Blue Screen of Death and will carry with it a corresponding number to alert you as to what the possible problem is.
The most common cause for these types of errors are driver problems or corruption problems. Corruption problems can be due to a virus that has worked its way into the vital system files of your computer or it could be due to the fact that your computer’s registry is being affected with corrupt files. If it is a definite driver problem then it is likely due to a specific driver passing a bad memory descriptor list.
Fixing these serious errors can be done, but the method to use depends on the actual cause.
Solution 1: Update all Drivers
- Download all available driver updates from your Windows Update.
- Install any driver downloads that apply to your computer.
- Restart your computer when finished to allow updates to take hold.
- Check to see if problem persists.
Solution 2: Run a Virus Scan
- Run a complete system scan of your computer using your anti-virus software.
- Anything that is found either move to quarantine or delete immediately.
- Restart your computer to allow for all changes and deletions to take effect.
Check to see if problem persists.
- Blue Screen Error – PFN _LIST_CORRUPT 0x4e – Microsoft
- PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (Blue Screen) Error Message - Microsoft ...
- What does the "PFN List Corrupt" Blue Screen Error Mean?
- Battling a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Error « wiki-errors.com
- PFN_LIST_CORRUPT - FaultWire
- Pfn_list_corrupt Error - How to Fix Pfn_list_corrupt Error
- Blue screen: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT how to fix it? | Yahoo Answers
- BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 64-bit - Tom's Hardware
- Random BSOD, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, 0x4e error - Blue Screen ...
- PFN_LIST_CORRUPT - Windows XP - TechTalkz.com