CD-ROM Not Responding
When your computer has a CD-ROM Not Responding problem it means you can’t run programs that require a CD. It might also mean that there is much more going on with your computer than you might realize so you should address the situation right away.
CD-ROM Not Responding Symptoms
Anytime you are having CD-ROM Not Responding problems you will know it as you will not be able to use your computer’s CD-ROM for anything. This means no program running, no CD playing and, if it is a burnable CD-ROM, you will also lose the ability to burn any data to disc.
CD-ROM Not Responding Causes
The range of culprits that can be at the root of your CD-ROM Not Responding problems is wide. It can be anything from a CD that is dirty to a corrupt computer registry. It might also be that your CD-ROM device drivers are out of sorts and in need of updating and/or replacing.
Getting Rid of CD-ROM Not Responding Problems
Again, as there are multiple cause for a CD-ROM Not Responding problem, there are different solutions you can try.
Solution 1: Inspect and Clean the Disc.
- Eject the CD from the CD-ROM.
- Inspect the disc for any particles of dirt and/or smudges.
- Use a particle fiber cloth to clean the disc.
- Attempt to run the disc in the CD-ROM again.
Solution 2: Check Device Manager
- Click the Start Button.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Double-click on System.
- Click on the Hardware tab.
- Click on the Device Manager tab.
If the CD-ROM ha an exclamation point on it, highlight it and press the Delete key and restart your computer to reinstall the CD-ROM drive.
- CD/DVD ROM not responding when disk is inserted, running ...
- Fix problems with CD or DVD drives that can’t read or write ...
- CD Rom Not Responding - Computer Tech Support Forum - Windows ...
- CD-ROM, DVD, or disc drive not working in Windows.
- CD-ROM not responding - Computer Tech Support Forum - Windows ...
- DVD/CD-ROM drive not working - Microsoft Home Page | Devices ...
- DVD/CD-ROM Not Responding - Vista Support Forums
- cd-rom not working - Microsoft Community
- cd-rom drive not responding - Compaq - Computer Brands
- CD Drive not responding - Microsoft Community