Dealing with Socket Error 10013
Anytime you are using a Windows based e-mailing program, such as Window Live, you have the chance of connections going bad. When this happens an error such as a Socket Error 10013 can occur.
Socket Error 10013 Symptoms
Whenever a Socket Error 10013 is present you will know it. Usually this error means that you cannot access your Windows mail messages. You will be able to open the e-mail program itself, but you will not be able to send or receive any e-mail messages rendering your program useless.
Socket Error 10013 Causes
A Socket Error 10013 can and will occur if there are settings on your computer that are not properly configured. In many instances it is an anti-virus software that will either not scan the e-mails properly or will take too long to scan them and thus prompt the error. Other possible causes can be a corrupt registry, misconfigured files with your firewall protection, or possibly a virus.
Socket Error 10013 Fixes
The easiest way to deal with a Socket Error 10013 is to disable the anti-virus scanning capabilities. Mostly speaking, a scan of your e-mails is an unnecessary step that can eat up CPU usage and cause a slowing and/or timing out of your PC which will cause the Socket Error 10013 to occur.
- Uninstall your anti-virus program.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall you anti-virus program in “Custom Mode.”
- When offered the choice for “E-mail Scanning” select no or uncheck the box.
- Complete setup.
- Restart your computer to allow effects to take hold.
- What Are the Common Causes of Socket Error 10013?
- Bug#689921: offlineimap: socket error "Connection reset by ...
- Protocol smtp port 25 no socket error 10013 error number ...
- windows mail failure - Lockergnome Forums
- - 0x800ccc0e - order by pertinence - page 2
- How to restore outgoing E-Mail Windows Live Mail error ID - 6 ...
- What to do if outlook express says the connection to the ...
- login error for windows - Computing.Net by Tom's Guide
- SMTP error - Vista Support Forums
- cant send email - help 4 - Lockergnome Forums