Do-It-Yourself Solutions for AOL Error Code 420 Problems
One of the pioneering companies for free e-mail was America Online, also known as AOL. AOL still has a highly popular e-mail platform, but one of the problems that can routinely crop up with the AOL platform is the dreaded AOL error code 420. This error code will not allow users to access their accounts and will not allow new users to sign up for a new free account.
What Causes AOL Error Code 420 Problems?
There are a number of reasons that you might see an AOL error code 420. One reason may be that your computer’s registry has a corrupt file or two on it and this is interrupting the communication between your computer and AOL. Another reason may be that your computer has contracted a virus and the virus is now causing issues with your AOL account or simply not letting you sign up for a new one.
How to Fix AOL Error Code 420 Problems
There are a couple of methods you can use to manually fix your AOL error code 420 problems. The solution that will work best for you will depend largely on what is actually causing the error to occur.
Solution 1: Check Your Browser
Sometimes it is your browser that is to blame for the AOL error code 420 problem you encounter. If you suspect this is the case, then you can easily test the theory.
Open an alternate web browser other than the one you typically use (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
- Attempt to log into your AOL account or sign up for a new AOL account while your alternate browser is open.
- If you are successful, then your regular browser is having issues and may need to be updated.
Solution 2: Run a Manual Virus Scan
It is probable that your computer already runs virus scans at various set points. However, you may have just started experiencing the AOL error code 420 problems in which case a fresh virus scan may do a world of good.
Locate the anti-virus icon on your desktop.
- Double click the anti-virus icon to open the program.
- Find scanning options and choose the ‘Full System Scan’ option.
- Run a complete full system scan.
- If any viruses are found, delete them immediately.
- Restart your computer to allow changes to take effect.
- Test AOL again and see if problems persist.
Thank you for using our website to help you with your AOL error code 420 problems. We hope that the help provided here will allow you to get back to using AOL in the manner you are used to. If you have any question or would like additional information, please feel free to contact us. Good luck!
- Dell Error Code 2000-0142 - The PC Guide!
- Canon MP830 Printer has stopped-“Error Code 6500 ... - CNET
- Error Message 4F on MFC 210C - fixyourownprinter.com
- How To Fix 5B00 Error On Canon MX Series Printers (MX320)
- DB2 SQL ERROR -180, SQLSTATE 22007
- Security Essentials Install error 0x80070643 Solved - Windows ...
- How to Fix Error Codes
- Dell Search
- Trouble code 420 - Fixya
- innodb - MySQL ORDER BY string as number (larger numbers ...