Runtime Error 200 – The Pascal Error
Runtime Error 200, otherwise known as Division by Zero, is a problem that is usually associated with older computers. Computers that run the older version of Turbo Pascal and Borland Pascal compilers often encounter this Runtime Error.
Runtime Error 200 Symptoms
Like any other Runtime Error, Runtime Error 200 lets itself be well known via a pop up alert. This “bug” seems to pop up in DOS based programs that were faster than 200MHz and could make an already slow machine even slower and/or inoperable.
Runtime Error 200 Causes
The Runtime Error 200 problem is generated in the initialization routine’s internal workings. What happens is a code will actually measures the “running time” of what is called a busy wait loop. While doing so it calculates how many times a call must be made for a delay in the correct amount. When the computer moves too fast and the loop takes zero ticks and the calculations come up as “Division by Zero’ or Runtime Error 200.
Solving Runtime Error 200
There are two ways in which you can go about solving Runtime Error 200 problems. The first way is to use a patch in order to get the program to work, but this is risky. If you do this be sure you are using a reputable website in order to get the patch as some patches are really nothing more than viruses in disguise.
Another solution is to run a TSR, or Terminate and Stay Resident, utility.
Run the TP75.EXE and allow loading into TSR memory.
- Run your DOS program and avoid the error message.
- Repeat steps one and two each time you access DOS as the TSR will not be active unless you load it each time.
- Runtime error 200 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Runtime Error 200 – The Pascal Error « wiki-errors.com
- JRS - Borland's Version 7 Pascals' Start-Up Runtime Error 200 ...
- How To Fix Turbo Pascal Error 200 Errors – Windows XP ...
- Error 200: Division by Zero - Pascal - Forums at ...
- Borland Pascal Runtime Error 200 problem - Enumerated Powers ...
- How To Fix Pascal Runtime Error 200 On Xp Errors – Windows XP ...
- Pascal, Error 200 : Division by zero - Computer Programming ...
- Error 200: Division by zero: error, division, zero, 200
- Runtime error 200 - Division by Zero - Pascal - Forums at ...