Socket Error 11004 on Your PC
Often when there is a valid name of a requested file that cannot be connected with for some reason a Socket Error 11004 will be generated. This message can make trying to send email extremely difficult and frustrate any PC user.
Socket Error 11004 Symptoms
Anytime a Socket Error 11004 comes up it is with a Microsoft program that deals with e-mails. Usually, when this error occurs the user will be able to receive their e-mail messages but will be unsuccessful in sending any of their messages.
Socket Error 11004 Causes
The most common cause of a Socket Error 11004 is a miscommunication. This error signifies that the host trying to be reached does exist, but it can’t be reached for some reason. This can be due to misconfigured files, a bad space character at the end of server name, or it could be a corrupt registry on the PC itself.
Fixing Socket Error 11004
The first thing to do when presented with a Socket Error 11004 is to ensure that the server name is typed in correctly. If it is then you can run a check for a solution using the Windows checker on your PC:
- Click the Start Button.
- Go to All Programs.
- Click on Accessories.
- Right Click the Command Prompt.
- Click Run as Administrator and enter password if prompted to.
- Type sfc/scannow into the command prompt you see.
- Await for scan and repair to take place.
Restart your computer once the scan and repair are complete.
- socket error 11004 - Microsoft Community
- Socket Error 11004 on Your PC « wiki-errors.com
- How To Fix Socket Error 11003 Error Number 0x800ccc0d Errors ...
- TeamSpeak - Socket Error (11001 / 11004)
- How To Fix Socket Error 11004 Error Number 0x800ccc0d Errors ...
- Socket Error #11004 when Processing a Credit Card Payment
- Socket Error 11004 0x800ccc0d | MS Help
- socket error # 11004 - Socket - Windows XP - Tom's Hardware
- What Are the Common Causes of Socket Error 11004?
- Socket error 11004?????? | Yahoo Answers