Socket Error 11004 on Your PC
Often when there is a valid name of a requested file that cannot be connected with for some reason a Socket Error 11004 will be generated. This message can make trying to send email extremely difficult and frustrate any PC user.
Socket Error 11004 Symptoms
Anytime a Socket Error 11004 comes up it is with a Microsoft program that deals with e-mails. Usually, when this error occurs the user will be able to receive their e-mail messages but will be unsuccessful in sending any of their messages.
Socket Error 11004 Causes
The most common cause of a Socket Error 11004 is a miscommunication. This error signifies that the host trying to be reached does exist, but it can’t be reached for some reason. This can be due to misconfigured files, a bad space character at the end of server name, or it could be a corrupt registry on the PC itself.
Fixing Socket Error 11004
The first thing to do when presented with a Socket Error 11004 is to ensure that the server name is typed in correctly. If it is then you can run a check for a solution using the Windows checker on your PC:
- Click the Start Button.
- Go to All Programs.
- Click on Accessories.
- Right Click the Command Prompt.
- Click Run as Administrator and enter password if prompted to.
- Type sfc/scannow into the command prompt you see.
- Await for scan and repair to take place.
Restart your computer once the scan and repair are complete.
- Socket Error #11004 - Tech Support Forum
- Socket error 11004 - Fixya - Product Problem Support ...
- Socket error #11004 - Tech Support Forum
- Mail Problem: Socket Error: 11004 - What is the fix ...
- Help with 11004 Error on Outlook express - WindowsBBS Forum
- WLM Error - 0x800CCC0D Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums
- [ Errno 11004 ] getaddrinfo failed - Dev Shed
- Outlook error 0x800ccc0d - how do I fix it?
- Outlook Express Error - Computing.Net by Tom's Guide
- In Windows Live Mail Trying Get my mail I get a Socket Error ...