What to Do When Your Computer Says There is Not Enough Memory
Anytime that you decide to try to load a program or just run one you may come across an error that states there is not enough memory for your computer to execute the task. While it might be the case that your computer is just running out of memory, it might be something else and something that can be addressed.
Not Enough Memory Symptoms
When you computer’s memory is really running low it may take longer to access certain files and/or programs. Additionally, you may not be able to execute certain tasks such as run a .wav file. When this happens you will see an error message that reads something like:
“Not enough memory available to complete this operation. Quit one or more applications to increase available memory, and then try again.”
Not Enough Memory Causes
When your computer is telling you there is not enough memory then there are only two things that can be causing it. Either your commuter really is extremely low on memory or your system is jammed up with too much information, much of which is likely corrupt from a virus and/or malware. This can also happen when a computer’s registry becomes cluttered and corrupt.
Not Enough Memory Fixes
If you first determine that your computer does have plenty of memory then you can follow these steps to attempt to alleviate the problem:
- Run a scan of your complete system checking for viruses, malware, and adware using your anti-virus software.
- If anything is found, delete it immediately.
- Restart your computer when finished in order to allow all changes to take effect.
Additionally, you can check with the Microsoft support page to see if there is a Hotfix for the specific error you are getting. If there is you can execute it by following the instructions and you will not have to restart your computer once the Hotfix is complete.
- You receive a "Not enough memory available to complete this ...
- You receive a "There is not enough free memory to run this ...
- How To Fix The "Not Enough Memory Error" For PSP
- Not enough memory error message - Microsoft Community
- How to Fix Not Enough Memory Errors
- What to Do When Your Computer Says There is Not Enough Memory ...
- Outlook 2007 error messages: not enough memory - Microsoft ...
- Error "Not enough memory" | Content Aware fill | Photoshop CS5
- Not enough memory error | Intuit Community
- itunes store error - not enough memory...: Apple Support ...