What to Do with Socket Error 10061
Socket Error 10061 is another type of Socket Error that is common with PC users who are trying to use their Microsoft based e-mail program. When this error occurs it makes it impossible for the user to accomplish what they set out to do in regards to their e-mail.
Socket Error 10061 Symptoms
A Socket Error 10061 will occur when a PC user is trying to send e-mail messages using programs such as Windows Live and Outlook Express. When this does happen the user knows right away as a large error message comes up and any outgoing messages that have been attempted to be sent will have gone nowhere and still show up in the outbox.
Socket Error 10061 Causes
This particular Socket Error is causes when the access to an ISP server is blocked for some reason. While this might be a problem with the computer’s registry or an intentional block from an ISP’s server as it might regard too much sent mail as SPAM, the most likely cause is a misconfigured firewall.
Fixing Socket Error 10061
The first thing to check when a Socket Error 10061 comes up is the settings in your e-mail program. Be sure everything is set up properly and that the POP3 and STMP servers are assigned to the proper location. If the problem still persists try accessing your firewall.
- Access your firewall program.
- Locate ISP Port settings.
- If set to block make appropriate change to allow.
Restart your computer to allow changes to take effect.
- What is a Socket Error 10061 - Answers.com Wiki
- Email: meaning of Socket Error 10061 - Delphi Faq
- How do you repair socket error 10060 - Answers.com Wiki
- Socket Error 10061 - Tech Support Guy - Free computer help!
- [RESOLVED]socket error 10060 - Tech Support Forum
- Help!!! socket error 10061 - MSExchange.org Forums: Exchange ...
- "Socket error = #10061" Upon trying to connect to ftp ...
- Windows Live Mail Error 0x800ccc0e - Windows 7 Help Forums
- [SOLVED] Outlook Express Error Number: 0x800CCC0E - Tech ...
- socket error while connecting to sendmail from outlook ...